Find SomeoneTo do an advanced search use the dropdown arrow to the right of the search box.
SUNY Distinguished Professor
Asian/Middle Eastern Studies
Moffett Center, Room 117Email addresses:
- Email Me (work)
- 607-753-2478 (office)
- Personal Website: https://facultyweb.cortland.edu/zhengt/tiantianzheng.htm
- Academia Profile : https://cortland.academia.edu/TiantianZheng
- Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiantian-zheng-36732934/
- Courses Taught: Peoples of East Asia, Medical Anthropology, Sociocultural Study of AIDS, Cross-Cultural Study of Global Violence, Cross-Cultural Study of Sex Crimes, Anthropological Theory, Anthropology Methods, Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, Anthropology of Gender, Anthropology Honors
- Research Interests: Recipient of two national book awards (2010 Sara Whaley Book Award and 2011 Research Publication Book Award) and the award of “Outstanding Academic Title” by Choice on research about cultural politics of gender, social class, social inequalities, migration, and their role in the transmission of disease and identity formation of the disenfranchised and underprivileged population. More than two-decade intense, longitudinal fieldwork has resulted in ten academic books, five edited journal issues, and over a hundred articles. Testified before the Congress at Capitol Hill, UNAIDS, and the United Nations on human trafficking and other issues, and has been a featured guest speaker on NPR, BBC, and NBC. Delivered over 100 invited talks at key national and international universities and organizations. Invited service on the reviewer panel for Wenner-Gren Foundation, National Science Foundation, Research Grants Council of Hong Kong, and Australia Research Council, and invited service on the Editorial Board for seven academic journals.